Monday, March 16, 2009

Quality vs Quantity


Yesterday, I met a friend whom I met in Costa Rica at Rodeo Beach for a 1.5 hour run. He was here for a wedding and I was anxious to show him the Marin Headlands. He lives in Iowa and so it was nice to show him some local trails. Unfortunately, it was very foggy and we had some rain, but the run was great nonetheless.

My running buddy, Karen shattered her wrist at the C2M race this weekend and is scheduled for surgery on Friday. I feel so sorry for her because she has been running so well and she has several races planned this year. Hopefully she will have a fast recovery and be out on the trails real soon.




Are you in a rut? Do you run the same trails day after day? Do you finish every run at almost the exact time that you finished yesterday? That my friend, will not get you the results that you are seeking. I believe that we must continue to run different loops, at different speeds, varying the speed and effort every time. That will make you a stronger runner. That will make you a faster runner. Try and make every run a quality run. It doesn't really matter if you only have a half hour to run. Make that half hour count. Quality over quantity.

I love this quote: Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results--Albert Einstein

No comments: