Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Can I run now? Please.........





I have taken a few days off from blogging as I have been frantically painting three large rooms in our house. I seriously have more paint on my face and clothes than are on the walls. Actually, the house looks amazing. It's exciting to do something I never thought I could do. If I ever lose my job I may have to try my hand at interior house painting. I am actually pretty good, if I have to say so myself.



Today marks the fifth week since my toe surgery. I have been wearing a blue post op shoe since my operation. It's not blue anymore, I take that back. I stepped into the painting tray a couple of days ago and it is now speckled and trashed out looking. Anyhoo, I was having my coffee this morning and it seemed like the perfect day to dump the speckled shoe and go for a swim. I called my Doctor and asked him what he thought. "Can I please swim?" "Can I please wear regular shoes?" Guess what he said? He gave me a big thumbs up!! So off I went to the pool and swam for 30 minutes. My toe felt weird and a little achy, but I was so happy to be out there. Tomorrow I am going to walk in the park and next week maybe I can try to jog. We'll see. Things are looking up for me in my neck of the woods. I have been hitting the gym and doing a lot of upper body strengthening. I can now do 5 pull ups x 3. I remember last year not being able to do one of them. :) So life is looking up for me and I am really thankful to be able to ease my way back to the trails. It will be 6 weeks by the time I can try out a slow run. I can't wait.


"If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint," then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." Vincent Van Gogh

3 comments:

Generation X (Slomohusky) said...

Great quote!

Anthony Brantley said...

Congrats on the toe, I mean shoe!!

I've been doing a lot of house stuff and painting also. It's a great workout for the upper body. Nice work on the pull-ups, you do more than I can.

AB

shawn said...

Kelly! Your house looks really, really great!! Good job! And I love that Vincent Van Gogh quote, too!