Friday, February 15, 2008

Feeling less than perky

I woke up the other day with the feeling that I was getting sick. Yesterday, I KNEW I was sick. I am so bummed out because I had a long run planned and I was looking so forward to it. I've decided to stay home and rest. Matt and I will probably go for a short easy run if I am feeling up to it, so that will be good. My training has been less than okay, that is for sure. I have not been able to get in any long runs and that has been frustrating. I guess the most important thing is to get better so that I can do some long runs.
Recently, I came across the greatest blog. If you love animals, you will love this blog. It is about a woman raising a coyote. I just love that coyote and I have never seen him. Years ago, when I lived on a ranch on top of a mountain, the coyotes were plentiful. They came down to our house frequently and played with our dogs. It was always so special to see them. Hearing them cry and howl on night runs always warms my heart.
I hope you all enjoy the weekend. Here in Santa Rosa the weather has been incredible. It's amazing how the sun and warmth on your back can make a run so much more enjoyable. I hope that the sun warms your back this weekend. Enjoy yourselves and run a long one for me!

No comments: