Friday, February 1, 2008

Running Thoughts


"Everyone is an athlete. The only difference is that some of us are in training. some not." George Sheehan

I wanted to tell you about this great tool that I got for Christmas. It is a wobble board and I swear that it is strengthening my bad ankle! I just love it.

Today, Karen and I did a hike up to Bald Mountain. It is a trail that I run on a few days a week. When I run, I am oblivious to everything around me. It's kinda sad. There is so much beauty out there, and we tend to just rush through our runs and miss so much. Today, Karen and I were lucky enough to see two Bobcats and another Mountain Lion. It's hard to believe that after all these years of riding and running in the mountains and hoping to spot a mountain lion, it has finally happened. TWICE. Amazing. Trail running has opened up so many opportunities for me to see some beautiful trails and some incredible animals. I feel really lucky.

Tomorrow is a 20 miler and the forecast calls for RAIN. Get out there and get yourselves a good workout in. Super Bowl is Sunday and you want to be able to eat and drink without feeling guilty. I personally don't watch the game, but I sit with everyone and eat and pretend to watch. Sooooooo..... I guess I should run Sunday morning also, before the big EAT begins. Happy Running.

1 comment:

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Super Bowl is Sunday and you want to be able to eat and drink without feeling guilty
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amen :-)

and Yikes on the Mountain Lions & Bobcats....Please be safe!