Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April is here!


The last weekend in March was a good running weekend. I ran with John and Mark at Lake Sonoma on Saturday for 25 miles. The trails around Lake Sonoma are quite deceiving. The continual up and down single track trails are really tough. There is nothing really steep, but it is a real butt kicker. I am glad that we familiarized ourselves with this trail as we are running a 50 miler there on April 12th. I feel very under trained, but I am feeling a lot stronger than I was a couple of weeks ago.

On Sunday, Matt and I ran at Sugarloaf for about 8 miles. It was a nice recovery run for me. I was a little tired, but felt good for the most part. Matt is training for the TRT 50k in July. He has run it a couple of times before. His last race was two years ago at Old Pueblo 50 mile. He is looking forward to the race and so am I. I am planning on running the 50 miler, but if I feel like I am in 100 mile shape, I may run the 100! Who knows!

I love summer and April always reminds me that warm weather is just around the corner. I am going to plant some tomato's, and some pink and purple bacopa plants in the next couple of days. I can just feel the days are getting longer and warmer!

1 comment:

Olga said...

You are a tough girl, I am pretty sure you'll make it a 100:)