Sunday, December 21, 2008

December 21st already?


It's hard to believe that it is December 21st. The year has just flown by. I hate that part of life. This flying through life is the pits. I want life to S.L.O.W. down. Christmas is here despite my dislike of it. I am sad that it has become so commercialized. Spending money we don't have and giving gifts to people we feel we have to. Christmas just seems so crazy, stressful and hurried. I wish I wasn't so Bah Humbug, but I am. Regardless of how I feel about it, it is upon us. I found this link on Mechelle's blog, which she took from Erin's blog. It is an eye opener. I think it will make you think. It sure spoke to me.

Despite how I feel about Christmas, I am excited to spend time with family and to begin the New Year. I always enjoy thinking up New Years Resolutions and this year will not be any different. I will come up with some Resolutions soon and it is always fun challenging myself trying to keep them. As many of you know, in 1981 I quit drinking alcohol for my New Years Resolution. 28 years and I am proud to say that I am still living an alcohol free life. Life is good. :) This year I know that I will continue training in the gym. I love the gym. I walk in and I feel like I've found my mothership. All the sounds and the smells of the wt. room feel so comfortable to me now. I don't feel like a visitor anymore. I feel like I've come home.

Running is going well. I love my La Sportiva trail shoes. The Fireblades totally rock. You can check them out at Backcountry.com.

It has been cold here in Santa Rosa. I scraped the skin off of my knuckles trying to scape together enough snow to through a snowball during my run with Wally a few days ago. But seriously, it is butt cold for this neck of the woods! I wore my Drymax cold weather socks with my new Sportiva's and it was great. I love the cold weather socks! They kept my feet dry and very warm. They are thicker than my other socks, but they felt great on my feet on a 30 degree morning.

I wanted to share that I have continued to work my upper body and have now incorporated ab torture. It's time to up the ante a bit, so my abdominals are beginning to join in on the fun. It fun to change my routine a bit. It keeps my muscles guessing. I am quite lean right now and that feels good for this time of year. I am thankful for my life and for that I am so blessed. I hope you all have a wonderful week. I remember my Mom always use to say that you needed 4 hugs a day to be happy. Give someone a hug this week and make their day!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Thanks for your posting. I'm not feeling the materialism either right now, but it's a good reminder to stay focused on the people in my life.

You are also inspiring me to get to the gym more. Even though I'm not so much of a fan!

Have a great holiday season!

kelly said...

Thanks, Victoria. Have a great Christmas!