Sunday, May 3, 2009

Relief from de feet



Last Saturday was the Miwok 100k, and I, unfortunately, was injured and unable to run it. I was bummed, but didn't feel as bad as I would have, since the weather sucked and I heard it was butt cold. That race can be very hot, and hot is how I like it. I am not a cold weather person. Give me heat and I tend to thrive. I heard there were lots of DNF's and that made me feel a little better as I swam lap after lap in the pool, in the rain, with the wind stinging my back. Next week, I will be running the R2R2R at the Grand Canyon. It is a 48 mile run that is absolutely stunning. I can't wait to bring my new camera and hopefully, I will get some beautiful shots. I am praying that my ankle and foot will be feeling better by then too. I hate being injured. The only thing that makes it okay, is that it forces me to rest my body and to do different exercises like swimming or cycling. I do feel like I am staying fit and the swimming is great for my upper body. (I am trying to stay positive.)

On Thursday, I did an hour long run for the first time in what seems like forever. It was a beautiful day and I felt great. My left heel pain is gone and my right posterior tibial tendonitis is doing so much better. Things are looking up! Have a great weekend, my friends!

No comments: