Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Cold in them thar hills!


Today was an early morning run up to Bald Mountain. It was FREEZING! There was snow on the ground and the trees had a light dusting of powder. Suz and I both felt like shy-zah. Our legs felt like lead, our motivation to push, gone. We ended up running about 9 miles and then called it a day. I am glad that we got out together, though. It is nice to be out on the mountain before anyone else. I loved seeing all the animal prints in the snow and breathing deeply the cold morning air.

From the time I was a little kid, we had a game that went like this: On our way up to Lake Tahoe to ski, we would all anxiously watch for the first sighting of snow. Whoever saw the snow first, would yell out, "I'm the prettiest!" My sister and I, and my Mom, had so much fun doing this as my Dad and my brother just laughed at us. Today, on my way up the mountain for my run, seeing the snow covered trees for the first time, I whispered to myself, "I'm the prettiest". It made me feel warm inside :)

After a busy day I came home to a house filled with explosive diarrhea. Our 17 year old Aussie had let loose. No pun intended. I think she had been storing it up for a week. What a mess, I felt so sorry for her. She is getting so old and I keep thinking that her days are limited. So... after what seemed like forever, the mess was cleaned up and Courtney and I headed for Starbucks. Starbucks makes everything seem better.

My foot doctor told me that he could inject the fluid from a roosters comb into my toe for some lubrication. I am going to think on that one. My bad, "good toe", is feeling better, so maybe I will not need to inject chicken fluid into my body. The thought of that is kinda gross. Have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Angela and Jen said...

Roosters comb injections?! That's a new one on me. Is that meant to be an alternative to steroid injections?

Olga said...

You are the prettiest:) it made me feel warm inside too.

Mechelle said...

I've got some roosters here on the farm if you need one! That is a very interesting use of chicken parts.