Friday, December 4, 2009

Western States lottery GOD

From Scott Dunlaps blog

An Ode to the Lottery Gods

Oh, great lottery God

Those who control my destiny

You awesome powers who choose my fate

Who in one act of will, make me a participant in Western States, Miwok, Ironman Hawaii, Way Too Cool, or none of the above

Your gifts fills my life with adventure, my soul with new experience and friends, and my calendar with endless workouts that build perseverance and gratitude

I honor thy choice with this promise

To respect the event(s) you choose by living them fully

To train to the best of my ability, and put it on the line on the chosen day

To meet every smiling face at the start, at every aid station, and at the finish, and return those smiles with authentic appreciation

By taking pictures, retelling stories endlessly, so that your legends live on

Or perhaps to honor the gift of being chosen for none of the above

And be forced to seek new races and adventures to fill my soul in unexpected ways

I will respect your guidance, and the wisdom of your blessings

But please make it Western States ;-)

Good luck to everyone who is in the Western States 100 mile lottery. Tomorrow is the day in which we will celebrate or not. Either way, we will all have an opportunity to plan out our racing schedule for 2010.

Reply

No comments: