Sunday, December 27, 2009

On to the New Year!




Wow, Christmas came and went so fast! All that stressing and it's already over. I had a wonderful Christmas and Santa brought me everything I asked for. I couldn't be happier. My youngest daughter Courtney turned 20 today. I can't believe that she is not a teenager anymore. We celebrated with family at her favorite Thai restaurant. Always lot's of fun.

I entered UTMB on December 23rd. I will be notified in a couple of weeks if I am in. I am a little bit nervous thinking of this race. It is a 103 miles and you have 46 hours to complete this mountainous race. It is a loop course around the Mont Blanc massif starting in France, south through Italy, north though Switzerland and back west into France for the finish. There is 31,000 ft. of total climbing. 1800' more than the 29029' of Mt. Everest! My goal for this race is just to finish it. I don't care about my time. I want to enjoy the journey and finish without sickness or injury. I will have to be very serious about my training and that is exciting.

I am doing well on my gluten free diet. I have not lost any weight, (I don't need to lose), but I feel so much better. I don't have that full feeling through my stomach like I did. I am giving it about a month. I hope that I see the results that I want in that time. I am hoping that the pain I have at night will lessen and I can sleep better. I also hope that my arthritis decreases too. Wow, I sound like a train wreck! All I really want is to be the healthiest I can be.


All my kids are home for the Holidays and that has been special. Caleb flies home tomorrow and Courtney goes back to school in January. Chelsea just moved home and Matt's son Lloyd is here too. I am going to miss Caleb and Courtney. Have a wonderful week, my blogger friends!

Face your Fears...........
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face...The danger lies in refusing to face the fear, in not daring to come to grips with it... You must make yourself succeed every time. You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

1 comment:

Angela and Jen said...

The race sounds VERY exciting! And beautiful. You can do it. You inspire me. I have some 2010 goals of my own hatching in my brain, so stay tuned. You look marvelous in your coat. Looking great is the most important part of all! Love, Jen