Friday, May 7, 2010


On May 1st, I ran Miwok 100k for the fifth time. It is always a tough race for me but I really enjoyed myself out there with the green meadows and the beautiful flowers everywhere. My time of 11:27 made me feel good and the Carbo-Pro worked great.

I took one day off after Miwok and have been running on tired legs and will run Silver State 50k on the 15th. I don't think this is the best training for Bighorn 100, but it is the only way that it is working out right now.

My youngest daughter Courtney is coming home for the summer on Thursday and I am so looking forward to having her home. She has really enjoyed USC this year and I am so happy that she is looking forward to continuing on there. Caleb is still in Chiropractic School and doing exceptionally well. I know he will be a great Chiropractor one day. Chelsea is busy working two jobs and enjoying her new life here in Santa Rosa. Matt's son Lloyd is working and happy with his job too. Life is good here in Sonoma County.

Mothers Day was spent with family at our house. We had lasagna and salad and everyone brought something to share. I look at my Mom and I am so thankful that of all the Mom's I could have been born to, I got her. Lucky me!

3 comments:

Generation X (Slomohusky) said...

Sounds like a fun family! You should feel blessed.

Drs. Cynthia and David said...

Awesome job at Miwok Kelly!

How's the gluten-free working out? Do you see any difference? I saw this post and thought about your experiment:
http://heartscanblog.blogspot.com/2010/05/man-walks-after-removing-wheat.html

Glad you had a nice Mother's Day.

Cynthia

amy said...

It was nice to finally meet you at Miwok! Wish we'd had the chance to talk more; I saw you finish, but then missed the chance to talk to you (I'd left my car key at Pan Toll in a hand held, and took advantage of a ride back to the hostel). Anyhow, great race and hope to see you out on the trails again soon!