Thursday, May 27, 2010




Well, since my last post the only thing worth writing about in terms of running has been my finish at Silver State 50k, ( I'm glad I didn't do the 50 miler), and a long run from Foresthill to Rucky Chucky and back on the Western States trail. Silver State went well, but I could feel the cumulative effects of my back to back races and my legs screamed at me quite a few times. In fact, I contemplated walking across the finish line, but then I heard Suz's voice in my head saying "you can run this", and I pushed myself down the trail and across the finish line. I felt totally trashed after that race. It wasn't a hard race, but my legs were tired and the elevation.......who knows? I'm just not a high mileage runner and I seem to do well on lower mileage than most. I hope I have done enough to finish Bighorn without injury or illness. It's scary with rhabdo still fresh on my mind.

Running from Foresthill to the river and back is always a blast! Leslie and Karen and I had a long day of "time on our feet". The weather was cold and overcast and we were shocked to run that section with jackets on. Every time I have ever run it I have been hot and sweating like a pig. Not on this day!!


The gluten free diet is going well. I am feeling much better and I am actually sleeping better than I have in years. I'm feeling quite good right now and that is refreshing. This weekend is going to be a high mileage weekend running back to back days on the Western States trail. I am hearing that there is a lot of snow in the mountains so it will be good training for BH. Have a great weekend of running or whatever makes you smile.

If any of you or any of your friends are interested in running the TCC/Adventure races, the discount code for 10% off any of their races at the time of registration is KR2010. As you know, running The Coastal Challenge in Costa Rica in Feb. 2009, was the greatest adventure of my life.
Go to here to register.

5 comments:

meredith said...

Looking Forward to running with you this weekend!!

Drs. Cynthia and David said...

Wow- no wonder you were trashed afterwards- you ran it so fast!

Glad to hear gluten free is working for you. That's great, and you're sleeping too!

why is rhabdo fresh in your mind? something you're not telling us?

Have fun this weekend.

Cynthia

kelly said...

Cynthia, I have had Rhabdo twice while running Wasatch 1oo. I ended up being hospitalized for a week each time. Scary stuff!

Olga said...

Hang tough, last push!

Drs. Cynthia and David said...

I went back and read your Wasatch report. Scary and heartbreaking! At least you know what signs to look out for now. Do you think that acclimatizing would help?

Cynthia