Sunday, June 29, 2008

Happy Birds, Happy Weekend



This weekend proved to be a good running weekend after all. The smoke and haze continues to clear and things are looking up! On Friday, my brother Wally and I went for a 3.5 hour run in Sugarloaf park. It was warm and humid with spots of blue sky threating to emerge. Our run was a good one. I hadn't been on that trail for several months. The trails were so overgrown and it was confusing trying to stay on the right path. Today, Karen, Leslie and I ran up to Big Rock. We ran for 3.5 hours also. We did a lot of climbing and descending. Up and down we went. It was a great run for me as I didn't feel tired or stiff afterward. I think that is a first in a long time. I hope that is a sign that I am getting more fit.

I heard recently that chocolate milk can be a great recovery drink. I tried it today after our run and did it taste good! I might need to make that a habit, we'll see. Findings suggest that chocolate milk has an optimal ratio of carbs to protein to help refuel tired muscles. I can drink chocolate milk so much easier than drinking some sweet recovery drink after a long run. Anything with the word chocolate in it has gotta be good! Try it, you might like it.

Have a happy Monday everyone. I am finding it increasingly harder to keep positive in this economy. Tomorrow I will focus on the positive aspects of our world. Keep smiling! Peace out.

4 comments:

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

WOW Love that Pic.

Yeah Lisa Bliss LOVES chocolate milk for her recovery drink...I have tried it a few times...seemed like it helped, it didn't hurt...yummy !

I think I shared this with you but RECOVER-EASE is my post capsules intake after long runs & races...pretty amazing stuff...google it, Ultra runners & TRI Athletes are loving it...
Michelle Barton has been taking it for a few years I think...

kelly said...

Hey Bob, you did tell me about Recover-ease a while back and I read about it and then promptly did nothing about it! I am going to order some right now. Thanks! I will keep you posted about what I think. :)

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

lol ok Kelly ... Glad I repeated myself :-) it's good stuff!

GB said...

Kelly, that pic is the coolest! So happy and smiley!

I usually drink slimfast shakes after a hard workout or long run. They're super chilled and go down easy.