Friday, April 17, 2009

Dream and Live


EXPLORE * DREAM * DISCOVER *

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails." Mark Twain


I love this quote. It's totally true. We must live TODAY, for tomorrow is not promised. It reminded me that today is a gift and living life to the fullest is our gift back. I went to this site and got totally jacked up. I mean REALLY jacked up. As in crazy, pounding heart, insanely jacked. I guess that I am an adrenaline junkie. I love the idea of running and competing in exciting places. Pushing the limits. Taking risks. TCC really opened my eyes to this adventure racing thing. Doing incredible things in amazing places. Seeing just what you are made of. Seeing the whole YOU that God made. We are capable of so much more than most of us will ever know. I love people who are willing to dig deep and to experience an adventure that will change their life. I also checked out this site. Crap. I hate it when this happens. These races make me want to SCREAM with excitement. Hold me back, I think I losing control.

Tomorrow Leslie and I are running on the Western States trail from Foresthill to Last Chance and back. That run is always a butt kicker no matter how fit you are. I have been wanting to get up there for awhile, so I know that it will be a good day for a training run. This run will be a test to see if I should or can run Miwok 100k in two weeks. Ever since Lake Sonoma 50, I have had pain in both feet. Stretching and ice are the order of the week.

I challenge you to stretch your limits this year. Take a risk that you would not normally feel comfortable doing. Live the life you have imagined. I dare you. No, I double dare you.




2 comments:

shawn said...

double daring me, are you? !?!? Well, today i walked (and ran some) around Spring Lake today by myself and that felt good and also not so good because it felt like my chest was crushing into my lungs. But it felt good that I did this alone and not waiting for someone to join me. I'm not a runner like you, but since you are my sister, I know I can run, too. I am signing up for a beginning running group beginning May 6th. I will commit to that. And then see what happens. I need to stretch my limits. I want to run through my comfort zone and see what I find on the other side...

Unknown said...

Kelly, did you know Leonardo is doing the Western States 100. Feel like doing some pacing??
Henry