Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sundays....


Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful. - Mark Victor Hansen

I always enjoy Sundays, but there is always that nagging feeling of knowing that tomorrow is a work day for me. Bummer! I like my job, but when it is nice outside, I hate to think that I am missing out on enjoying the sun on my back. I love being outside and today was no different. Matt and I spent a couple of hours in the yard clipping and raking. A boring job, but It felt so good to see the end result.

Wally and I are planning on running this afternoon, but as I look at the clock and see that it is 3:36, it makes me wonder. Hmmmmm. I guess I better call him and check in. It's a warm day and I am excited to do a short run on the trails. Today is a day that has me complaining of sore toes and a painful heel. I hate to complain, but I hate to have discomfort. Most of the time I feel pain while I try to sleep. Shouldn't it be the other way around? I would love to have one night of zero pain, but you can't have everything. I will just blame it on the Lupus and shut up about it. Done. But..... speaking of sleep, I read in the Hammer Nutrition catalog, that foods rich in Tyramine should be avoided at least 6 hours before going to bed. Foods containing tyrosine include almonds, avocados, bananas, and dairy products, as well as pumpkin and sesame seeds. Who would have known?


No comments: