Thursday, August 16, 2007

Running with a Helicopter

Last night my good friend Suzy and I went on a night run to check out different lights and to get some night time running experience in. It was a beautiful warm night and we both felt good. We ran in Annadel State Park, which is just a few minutes from my front door. We train there a lot. I have been going there since I was in about 6th grade. I use to ride my horses there too.
At about 9pm, we noticed a helicopter flying low above our heads. Within about a minute, the helicopter had spotted us and were shining their bright lights on us. We kept running, laughing, and wondering what in the heck they were thinking. Did they think we were bad guys, or were they looking for someone that was hiding in the park? The helicopter followed us for about a half an hour while we had a hard time seeing with their bright lights shining on our faces and on the trail. When we reached a fire road, I took out my phone to call Matt and the helicopter turned around and flew away. Strange things happen when Suzy and I run together. It was kinda exciting, but I am glad that the SWAT team didn't parachute down on us, or the police were not waiting at the trailhead for us. Two innocent female runners just trying to keep fit. What's a girl to do?

2 comments:

Olga said...

Reminds me of Bob's pulling a tire story:) Hope you got to test those flashlights!

Anonymous said...

Kelly.......you are too funny! I can just hear you cracking up!!!