Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Great news for Courtney


Dear Courtney,
Congratulations! I am pleased to offer you admission to the University of Southern California. This offer is being extended to you as a result of your outstanding achievements both in and out of the classroom..for all the late nights and weekends you devoted to study, and the times you went beyond what was expected of you.

This is the first paragraph of the letter my youngest daughter received today in the mail. I am so ecstatic for her. She is a great student and an even better daughter. She is so excited as well. She also got into NYU, but she would prefer to go to school in Southern Cal. She is still waiting on a few more schools, but she did find out today that she did not get into UCLA. Apparently, there was 55,000 applicants with only 4,700 spots. Not great odds. Bummer.

Running has gone well this week. My new orthotics are perfect and my ankle is getting stronger. I think I may have mentioned that I pulled out of the Coyote Two Moon 100k that is this weekend in Southern California. I didn't feel ready and I don't want to start a race feeling like I haven't done my homework. I have a few friends running the 100 miler and the 100k there, so I hope they have a great race.

Saturday I am planning on doing a 32 miler from Skyline Gate to the top of Mt. Diablo. It will be hard and it should be fun. I can't wait!

For those of you waiting with baited breath....I did 7 push-ups in a row today!! I know it sounds wimpy, but I am improving. Have a nice evening!

4 comments:

GB said...

CONGRATULATIONS to Courtney, and to you! You obviously raised her well. :) USC and NYU are both so excellent and only in my dreams could I have gone to either place. Way to go to your daughter!!!

And you know what, 7 push ups are BETTER THAN NONE! Go, girl!

Olga said...

Woohoo for the gilr! And mom:)

I started on assisted pull-ups 2 weeks ago, I was at 90lbs, then 80, today was 2x10 at 70! Now if only I can do one with full body...hey, lets progress together!

kelly said...

Thanks, Olga and GB. Yeah, 7 push-ups....how embarrassing :) Oh well, like you said, "7 are better than none." I will have to try the assisted pull-ups. I'll let you know how I do!

Doodlestreet said...

Wow! USC...excellent school...that's so great! Good for her! It's hard to believe your kids are just down the road--

7 is not only a lucky number, but a good solid start and you'll be stickin' a "0" after that 7 in no time!! ;o)

Okay, so since we are both working toward better push up numbers, I'll let you in on my little top secret pushup goal.........ya ready........

(whisper) ...a one handed push up...

(I didn't want to say that too loudly, I might scare myself---)!

Keep goin' girl!