Thursday, March 27, 2008

One tough race


Here are my two good friends, Leslie and Florencia. This pic was taken during the CTM 100k race in Ojai California. They finished in 17:21! This was the first running of the Coyote Two Moon race and featured both a 100 mile and a 100k event. Rumor has it that it was very difficult. Congrats to 100 mile winner Karl Meltzer with a winning time of 19:24! Andy Jones-Wilkins was 2nd in 23:48! In the 100k David Groggins won in 12:50! Wow, it sounds like it was an awesome event not to be missed. Congrats to all my friends who had the guts to start and finish this grueling race.

I am keeping up with my training and faithfully doing my push-ups. Getting out the door to do a run alone is the hardest thing for me. Once I am out, it is fine. It's just getting out and on the trail that is so difficult. I need to practice mind over matter. This Saturday I have planned a long run. I hope the weather holds out and that I have some company out on the trail.

"The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind." William James

2 comments:

RunSueRun said...

Hey Kelly,

Just found your blog. Chris and I are sad you couldn't make it this year -- hopefully next! I think you would love the course.

Sue J., your ex-teammate :)

PS: Your shirt went in the mail today.

kelly said...

Thanks Sue, for stopping by. Yeah, I am sad that I missed the race. It sounds like it was really hard and very well put together. I will have to run it next year. :) I frequently check your blog to catch up on what's happening with you. Hopefully I will see you out on the trails this year.
Happy trails.