Friday, March 14, 2008



Yesterday Suz and I went for a nice mountainous run on our favorite trails in Sugarloaf. It was a beautiful day and it felt so good to be out enjoying the clear day. I wore my new orthotics for the first time and they felt great. It's exciting to have something new to wear. (even if they are in my shoes.)

My youngest daughter Courtney is eagerly awaiting to hear from Colleges that she has applied for. NYU, Boston, and UCLA are her biggest reach colleges but I believe she deserves to go to anyone of them. She has worked so hard and she is so bright. I just want her to get into the college that is the right college for her. The college she is meant to go to.

Today Suz and I ran at Lake Sonoma. We had a great run and only got sprinkled on the last 10 minutes. I so wish I had had my camera. We saw three newts fighting over a worm and they struggled with each other as they pushed and pulled the poor worm in all directions. We also saw two vultures sitting on a large rock with their wings spread out drying themselves. Lastly, we saw a dead pig as we crossed a creek. I wanted the skull, but unfortunately, the skin was still intact. I quickly decided against bringing that home. (Aren't you proud of me, Matt?)

I hope everyones weekend is filled with good things. I think I will get up and get my butt into the pool tomorrow. It's been a long while since I have been swimming. I think it is time for some cross training.

I hope you enjoy the pictures above. They were taken from a hunter in Montana.

No comments: