Friday, February 27, 2009

A great day for a day off!


Today is a BEAUTIFUL day here in Santa Rosa. The sun is out and it is NOT raining. I went out for a 7 mile run today and it felt really good. I thought I was running pretty fast and then when I looked at my watch, it told me otherwise. Oh well!

This was overheard at The Coastal Challenge this year by Scott Jurek. Scott has won Western States 100, 7 consecutive times from 1999-2005. He will be competing there again in 2009. He is an amazing ultra runner with many wins under his belt. This is what he said when asked to compare The Coastal Challenge to a typical 100 miler.

"It's like breaking one's hand one finger at a time, versus breaking the entire hand at once." That says a lot, coming from Scott!



Tomorrow is a long run with a couple of friends. Meredith is joining us too, from Austin Texas. She and I were on the Montrail team together and have run many of the same races. It will be a fun run.

No comments: