Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The pursuit of running

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."-John Muir

Today was a beautiful day and I am itching to run. Actually, I can't wait to run! I am tempted to get out for a short jog, but I know that I better wait to get the go ahead from my Doc. I didn't wear my boot today. The first time in four weeks. I am at the point where my ankle feels better without the boot on. Did I say I can't wait to run??? Wow, I feel hyper. I am feeling like everyone is getting in better shape and getting faster and I am just turning into a total soft jelly fish. It's that perpetual feeling that we as ultra runners get that tells us that we are not doing enough. That we are way behind everyone else in fitness and miles. I hate that feeling. I just have to keep telling myself that I will be OKAY. My running fitness and speed will return. I have less than a month until a group of us will run the double crossing of the Grand Canyon. It will be a blast. Hope everyone had a great day today. I sure did.

No comments: