Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving


Yesterday Wally and Karen and I ran in the Marin Headlands covering 13+ miles. It was a nice day for a run and we managed to finish before the rain hit. Wally is training for a half marathon in December and he wanted to familiarize himself with the trails there.

This morning I woke up early and got to the gym for an upper body workout before work. It was the perfect start to a busy day at the Hospital. Yes, the Hospital was BUSY!! WTF! Why is it that so many people line up to have surgery two days before Thanksgiving? Is it the perfect excuse not to cook? What possesses someone to WANT to have surgery during the Holidays? Amazing.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I hope you all enjoy your day and that it is spent in a special way. Have a safe and fun Holiday!

6 comments:

Rick Gaston said...

Hmmm...maybe it's the time off. They have more days off in Thanksgiving so they opt to get the surgery done then, my best guess.

Have a great Thanksgiving and I'm thinking about what you said, "watch the eating on Thanksgiving". I'll also watch the drinking as well.

Olga said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Kelly! And the picture is super-cute!

Anonymous said...

Wow. I hope if you ever need surgery and it happens to fall on a holiday you get a nurse who has more compassion. I would guess that most/many folks are not electing to have surgery during the holidays. Folks are probably lining up for surgery 2 days before Thanksgiving just to put a dent in your unfeeling bubble.

kelly said...

Hi Anonymous, I am sorry if that comment offended you. I guess it did sound kinda cold. I really am compassionate, but I think most medical people hate to have to work on a Holiday. Sorry!

Mechelle said...

Now THAT is a cute photo and why won't my dog and cat sit so nicely together? I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful :)

Sky said...

Hi Kelly, thanks for checking out my blog. Hopefully I'll be able to get up into the park more this winter so we may bump into each other. My dad had to work urgent care at Kaiser last night while his family was out at the coast. Part of being the first line of defense in healthcare, I guess!