Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tremendous Tuesday


Yesterday, after a long day at work, I met up with Suz and ran up the Goodspeed trail to the summit and then we added 10-15 more minutes down the fire road and then back up the steep trail. After my fast run on Sunday and being on my feet all day at the Hospital, I was just shot. Suzanna kept reminding me that it was good training to run on tired legs. Yeah, right. We were out there for almost 2 hours and I worked up a pretty good sweat. I do have to say that it did feel good to be out there. We finished just before dark and it was still so beautiful out there. We talked a lot about our "epic run", that is happening on Dec. 13th. We are running from Pt. Reyes to the Golden Gate Bridge. It will be approx. 70-75 miles on trails. Last year we did it around the same time and it was just an awesome adventure. I can't wait to do it again this year. If anyone reading this is local, and wants to join in, let me know.

Courtney has been home for a few days visiting from college and she left this afternoon. We had a good few days of visiting and enjoying each other. I miss her already. Next Wed. all three kids are coming home for Thanksgiving. I am so excited to see them. Lloyd is coming home too, with his girlfriend, and so we will have a full house for a few days.

Matt and I went and applied for our passport today. Our trip to Costa Rica is quickly approaching. My training is going well and now I have to start thinking about what gear and things that I will need to bring. I need to beg, borrow, or steal a light backpacking tent to sleep in during my race. I just may buy one if I can't borrow one from someone.

I didn't run today, but went on a very short walk with Courtney. We pet the neighborhood horse and I got zapped by the electric fence. I got a good upper body workout in and I cleaned our ceiling fans. Wow, all in all, a good day.

Saturday, I may be running up on the Western States trail. We are planning on running from Foresthill to the river and back. That will be about 31 miles. Stay tuned for that exciting report. Have a great day tomorrow.

The tragedy of life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goals to reach. Benjamin Mays

No comments: