Thursday, November 13, 2008

Perfect running weather for November

I've had a few good runs this last week. The longest run was 3.5 hours, but I felt like I gave it a good effort. The weather had been gorgeous and from the mountain we ran on Thurs., Suz and I could see San Francisco. That's amazing because S.F. is 60 miles away. We both were sweating like pigs that day. Maybe it was the warm weather or maybe it was just humid. It felt good to sweat out the toxins that must be floating around in our bodies, despite trying to be the healthiest we can be. We discussed politics, religion, and life as we huffed and puffed up and down the trail. One of the greatest things about having a good friend, is that you can discuss anything and still respect each other whether you agree or disagree with each other. I like that about my friend, Suzanna. She is a true friend, even if she is a Democrat! LOL.

For years my calves would get so tight during uphill climbs, now I notice that it is my hamstrings that get so tight. It's time to join a yoga class and see if I can't loosen these legs! I mentioned a few posts back, that I was desperate to find something that would help with my Restless Legs. I started on Melatonin 5mg. and an Iron pill, and I feel much more rested. I am actually dreaming!! That feels good.

Today was a fast run that made me feel like I had been worked over. We sprinted down a flat road for a short stint, but it felt really difficult. I think that running fast is a good thing, especially since they say that the way to run fast, is to run fast!! OKAY!!!

Watch the Brooks Dream video and help a great cause!

This video captures the fantasy of the perfect run. Brooks will donate five cents for every view of the video between Nov. 13 and Dec. 21. Brooks will donate up to a max of $25,000 to Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, earmarked for the support of Breast Cancer research. Thanks so much, Brooks!

6 comments:

Drs. Cynthia and David said...

Hi Kelley,

Cute video!

I'm glad the melatonin helps. That's great!

Cynthia

Victoria said...

As a really not-naturally-flexible person, yoga has helped me a ton. I don't do a lot, but even 15 minutes of regular yoga, 3-4 times a week makes a difference for me...

Mechelle said...

Loved the video! Thanks for sharing. Also, thanks for your kind words regarding my dog.

I do yoga almost everyday and it helps quite a bit with that flexibility business. I'm more the power yoga type and I do the Rodney Yee 20 minute sessions on dvd. I did take an intro class first to get my form down but due to time constraints I don't go to class anymore. Good luck!

Donald said...

Brooks does great videos. A few years back they had one about running through your whole lifetime - it was awesome.

Good luck with the flexibility issues. I'm terrible that way, so I don't have any good advice for you. Sorry.

kelly said...

Thanks, Cynthia, so far, so good.

kelly said...

Thanks, Donald, Mechelle, and Victoria for the comments. I am excited to try yoga and I hope that I am not too hyper to stick with it. I might check out the Rodney Yee video, Mechelle. Sounds interesting.