Sunday, November 9, 2008

World Run Day

Today I drove with Wendy to China Camp where we met Geoff and several others to run on the beautiful trails and to donate to a charity of our choice for World Run Day. I met and ran with Leslie and it was so much fun. Leslie is a strong runner and it was fun to get to know her. We finished our run with coffee and muffins. It was a delightful day on this 9th day in November. I hope you all got outside today. Winter is almost upon us and the days are short.




This skull sits among candles and flowers during Day of the Skulls celebration in La Paz yesterday. Aymara Indians revere the skulls of their relatives and believe they protect them from evil and help them attain their goals. Relatives decorate the skulls and carry them to church or cemeteries to be blessed. I really think that this is my Dad. It certainly resembles him and that was his brand of cigarette. Yeah, I am sure that is my Dad, he was always up for a celebration. Always the life of the party. I miss him and think of him often. Oh, and he would get a kick out of my little joke about this being him. I can hear him laughing now.

Have a great Monday and make it a good week. I am taking tomorrow off from running but will hit the gym for some upper body work.




One can never consent to creep-when one feels the impulse to soar. Helen Keller

2 comments:

meredith said...

I am so glad to read that you are BACK!! I actually caught up on my blog before I saw your note! I will be better about it once my laptop arrives...woohoo I will be able to stay in touch and veg on the couch at the same time :) Have a great week! mer

Courtney said...

aw i love that skull