Sunday, November 23, 2008

Running "down" to the river ---Ha!



Here is my daughter lying with her "baby", Bentley. He is home from the Hospital resting and recuperating after having life threatening internal injuries after a heavy object fell on top of him.

Yesterday a group of friends ran on the Western States 100 trail from Foresthill to the river and back to Foresthill. 31 miles of beauty and sweat. The weather was great and the company was even better. Everyone is training for something and a few in the group are running WS 100 this June. I don't think I have ever run this section in late November and so it looked so much different. The river is low, as we have had little rain. There is something so refreshing about running somewhere different for a change. I felt a little lighter and motivated running in one of my most favorite places.



Foresthill is at mile 62 in the WS100 race. We ran down to the Rucky Chucky river crossing which in the race is at 78 miles. For any of you that are planning on running WS100 for the first time. Listen up. When you hear someone say that you run "down" to the river, don't believe them. There is a lot of ups and downs and you don't want to be surprised. Running "down" to the river is just a bunch of BS if you ask me.


It was a long day but sharing the trail with friends always makes our runs so much fun. I hope you all had a good day doing something that you love. Whatever you do, MAKE IT COUNT!


5 comments:

HappyTrails said...

Is Bentley going to be ok???!!! Poor little thing - he is so cute.
Beautiful area for the run - there are still leaves on the trees! Love your Marathon Girl skirt!
K

kelly said...

Yes, Bentley is going to be okay. He does have some problems with balance though, but hopefully, that will improve. I will see him Wed. night, so I will know more. This is the skirt I bought like yours!! I love it! Happy Thanksgiving.

Olga said...

So much fun, fam course and best friends to go at it!

Rick Gaston said...

Oh I know Leslie, we met in my first Miwok 100k. Looked like a great day out there.

Mechelle said...

I'm glad Bentley will be okay, veterinary medicine has come a long way!

I totally agree on the running "down" to the river, nothing like a little experience to make you skeptical :)